Brides Revisited - Katie
In the latest instalment of Brides Revisited we caught up with our gorgeous bride Katie and got some of her tips about dress shopping and all things wedding! 😊
Q: Did you already have an idea about the type of dress you wanted to buy prior to buying your own wedding dress or were you open to multiple styles?
A: I am quite petite so I knew that I wanted a fitted dress and not a ball gown style. I liked the idea of an open back and lace. Having said that, I did try on some different styles just to confirm my thoughts.
Q: How did you find the experience of planning your wedding and what tips would you give our brides that are currently planning their big days?
A: I really enjoyed planning the wedding, we planned it in 8 months so it didn't gove us much time. We wanted a relaxed wedding so that helped alot as we did not have lots of decorations etc to do ourselves.
My tips are:
1. Use Ebay! I found lots of handmade signs, confetti, jars etc on ebay for a decent price.
2. Use pinterest to gather ideas and mood boards before you start planning your theme.
3. Try not to get too stressed about all the little details no one will notice about from you on the day and you won't care by then.
Q: How did you find your experience shopping with Louise Perry Bridal?
A: My shopping experience at Louise Perry Bridal was very relaxed and I really enjoyed it. I took my mum and one of my bridesmaids with me to help find the one. Louise was very friendly and let us choose and try at our own pace. I tried on a few dresses before deciding on the one.
Q: Was there anything you worried about regarding your wedding planning that you wish you hadn't?
A: I worried about small details a couple of days before like the table plan and how the venue was going to look but I was lucky as the venue did a great job and I didn't need to worry at all.
Q: What were you top three moments from the whole day?
A: I loved the day and would do it all again in a heartbeat. It goes so quick!
My top three moments were:
1. Getting ready with my bridesmaids in the morning and then my dad seeing me in the dress for the first time.
2. Saying our vows, we were nervous and laughed quite a bit, especially when I couldn't get Mark's ring on.
3. The speeches- Mark's speech especially, he is not one for being soppy but he really pulled it out of the bag and I was crying like a baby.
It was hard to choose 3 moments! The whole day was so amazing!
Q: How did you feel in your dress on the day?
A: I felt amazing! The dress fit me well and everyone commented on it, I just felt beautiful and did not want to take it off. I might pop it back on now and again!